- Bestselling Series
- Cambridge Classical Studies Theodosius II: Rethinking the Roman Empire in Late Antiquity
- Theodosius II and the Making of Late Antiquity
- Olympiodorus of Thebes and Eastern triumphalism
- Hugh Elton
Access to the complete content on Oxford Classical Dictionary requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription. If you are a student or academic complete our librarian recommendation form to recommend the Oxford Research Encyclopedias to your librarians for an institutional free trial.
Please subscribe or login to access full text content. If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- In This Article.
- Der Blaue Phoenix (Shades of Brilliance 3) (German Edition)?
- The Fruits of the Tree of Life: The Cabbalistic Tradition: 32 (Complete Works).
- Recently Viewed.
For questions on access or troubleshooting, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us. All Rights Reserved.
Cambridge Classical Studies Theodosius II: Rethinking the Roman Empire in Late Antiquity
Read More. Subscriber sign in. Forgot password? Don't have an account? Sign in via your Institution. Sign in with your library card. Daniel Jew. Nicholas Zair. Home Contact us Help Free delivery worldwide.
Theodosius II and the Making of Late Antiquity
Free delivery worldwide. Bestselling Series.
- See a Problem?;
- Roman Emperors - DIR Theodosius II.
- Cómo ser mujer (Panorama de narrativas) (Spanish Edition).
- I love charleston (Italian Edition).
- Top Authors.
- Theodosius II and the Making of Late Antiquity — Faculty of Classics.
- Ettie Bierman Keur 4 (Afrikaans Edition).
Harry Potter. Popular Features. New Releases. Ever since Edward Gibbon, he has been dismissed as mediocre and ineffectual. Yet Theodosius ruled an empire which retained its integrity while the West was broken up by barbarian invasions.
This book explores Theodosius' challenges and successes. Ten essays by leading scholars of late antiquity provide important new insights into the court at Constantinople, the literary and cultural vitality of the reign, and the presentation of imperial piety and power. Much attention has been directed towards the changes promoted by Constantine at the beginning of the fourth century; much less to their crystallisation under Theodosius II.
This volume explores the working out of new conceptions of the Roman Empire - its history, its rulers and its God.
Olympiodorus of Thebes and Eastern triumphalism
A substantial introduction offers a new framework for thinking afresh about the long transition from the classical world to Byzantium. Other books in this series. Add to basket. Mode in Ancient Greek Music R. Cambridge Classical Studies: M.
Zeno of Elea H. Table of contents Part I. Introduction: 1. Arcana Imperii: 2.
- Theodosius II (Cambridge Classical Studies);
- Stopping: How to Be Still When You Have to Keep Going.
- Hammamet (Occidente) (Italian Edition).
- Theodosius II by Christopher Kelly.
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
- Foucault dans tous ses éclats (Esthétiques) (French Edition)?
- Pulcheria, Roman Augusta, – CE - Oxford Classical Dictionary?
Men without women: Theodosius' consistory and the business of government Jill Harries; 3. Theodosius and his generals Doug Lee; 4. Past and Present: 6. Pius Princeps: 9.