- User Links
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
- Episode 4: Motherless Child
- Girl Be Free: The Motherless Child on Apple Podcasts
Sweetwater — Motherless Child.
Read More Edit Wiki. Lyrics powered by LyricFind.
- Canada and the Canadians, Vol. 2;
- Sometimes I Feel Like A Mother.
- Duplicate Site Menu for Responsive Styles.
Motherless Child song meanings. Add your thoughts 6 Comments.
- Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects.
- Prince Gets Spiritual With ‘Motherless Child': 365 Prince Songs in a Year.
- Himmel die Berge (German Edition).
- 6 Comments.
- Jack Spencer, Motherless Child, St. Augustine, FL, - Artwork | Jackson Fine Art.
- Navigation menu;
General Comment This is the song that opened the Woodstock music festival in the 60's. Has a real neat sound to it.amosautomotive.com
Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
No Replies Log in to reply. There was an error. General Comment im in love with this song!! General Comment Nancy's voice is so beautiful, especially in the song 'in a rainbow' i must admit that is my fave but i like this song to General Comment i too found sweetwater at a young age of General Comment Just wants to confess to needing to go back to where she was born.
Episode 4: Motherless Child
Rate These Lyrics. She knew that some of them would be taken from her; but they took all. The children were sold to a slave-trader, and their mother was bought by a man in her own town. Before night her children were all far away. She begged the trader to tell her where he intended to take them; this he refused to do.
Audiences heard it and could not forget it. It has since been performed and recorded by countless singers and instrumentalists, from many different genres. And spirituals like "Motherless Child" express sorrow.
Girl Be Free: The Motherless Child on Apple Podcasts
The somber melody, the slowly processing, minor chords, convey a noble bleakness and mourning. Perhaps because the music and words acknowledge utter pain.
And this truthful acknowledgment can help us transcend suffering. Listen to WRTI The show will include some beautiful African-American spirituals in honor of the memory of Dr.